The resource centre is a continually developing area of the website which will be of interest to professionals in the justice system and members of the public.
The following studies illustrate some of the work of intermediaries and are a composite based on a range of cases.
The case studies can be searched by type of case and/or age category for relevance.
Intermediaries work on a wide range of cases which have included the following:
- murders witnessed by very young children and adults who have a learning disability
- the sexual abuse of children by organized and disorganized networks of abusers
- the sexual abuse of children by a relative
- the sexual abuse of adults with a physical disability
- the sexual abuse of adults with mental health issues
- the attempted murder of elderly people with dementia
- the trafficking of people with learning disabilities for the purposes of sexual exploitation
- the physical and sexual abuse of adults with learning disabilities, either by a relative or in residential settings
- the financial exploitation of elderly witnesses with dementia