Search our site
Confidence and Assertiveness Workshop
City Law School and IfJ joint CPD Courses
Thursday 8th June, 10:00-13:00
Course facilitator(s): Rachel Jones-Wild
Course requirements: IfJ Member
Who is this course for: Anyone looking to improve their confidence and assertiveness skills.
If you are looking to improve your confidence and assertiveness skills, this workshop will provide practical language- and posture-related techniques to increase confidence.
This workshop uses a mixture of theory, group discussion and practical exercises to explore confidence and assertiveness. It uses basic NLP (neuro-linguistic programming) techniques to explore the ways we can use language to be more direct and assertive. We will also look at techniques for using posture, body language and visualisation to increase confidence, particularly prior to an anxiety-provoking event.
Participants will learn the following:
1. How to use posture and body language to increase confidence.
2. Visualisations for confidence.
3. How to use language in a way that is assertive rather than passive or aggressive.
The workshop is run in the form of a small group training. The presenter will persent information and will invite high levels of participation and sharing of knowledge and ideas. Prepared slides/handouts guide the process rather than impart information.
The following materials are provided:
- Powerpoint presentations
- Participants to log on 15 minutes prior to start of each session.
- It is required that all participants keep their cameras on throughout the workshop.
- Participants to complete online feedback form post workshop.