Search our site
Mindfulness for Intermediaries and Vulnerable People
City Law School and IfJ joint CPD Courses
20th May, 10am-5pm
Course facilitator(s): Rachel Jones-Wild
Course requirements: IfJ Member
Who is this course for: Intermediaries
This course will teach a trauma informed approach to using mindfulness with vulnerable people. the course will also provide tools for managing vicarious trauma - by supporting ourselves we can support others more effectively.
- To have an understanding of what mindfulness is.
- To have an understanding trauma informed mindfulness and how this might differ to mainstream approaches
- To gain experience in leading short interventions that can be used to help a vulnerable person become grounded when they are feeling distressed.
- To have an understanding of what vicarious trauma is
- To gain some practical skills in using mindfulness and visualisation to manage personal experiences of overwhelm and vicarious trauma.
The workshop is run in the form of a small group training. The presenters will present information and will invite high levels of participation and sharing of knowledge and ideas. Prepared slides / handouts guide the process rather than impart information.
The following materials are provided:
- Glossary of terms
- Power point presentations
- Guidance for further reading-Bibliography
- Participants to log on 15 minutes prior to start of each session.
- It is required that all participants keep their cameras on throughout the workshop.
- Participants to complete online feedback form post workshop.