Long term aims and objectives
- To foster best practice to facilitate access to justice for all members of the public including those with vulnerabilities.
- To consult with members and representing their views in response to government strategy, position statements and policy relating to matters within the Justice System.
- To establish and maintain links with allied organisations
- To promote the wider adoption of expertise, knowledge and skills by all those involved in the Justice System to improve the experience of vulnerable witnesses, victims and defendants when involved with the justice system.
- To provide high quality workshops, seminars and/or conferences for intermediaries and all those with an interest in the Justice System
- To promote research within the Justice System
3. To advance our human rights by promoting equality of access to justice for all.
- a. To proactively respond to news, articles and events in the media
- b. To maintain a database of intermediaries who are trained to work with vulnerable defendants; facilitating links and referrals with these intermediaries
- c. To inform the wider public on matters of equal access to justice for everyone including those with a vulnerability.